Wednesday, 2 January 2008

36+1 mw appointment.

My midwife is such a nutcase. Totally love her! It's my birthday today and her's too, maybe that's why we get on so well?
Anyway my bp is fab 126/72...normally by now its 145/90 at this stage in my pregnancies so this pg is really suiting me. No protein in my urine. Baby's heartbeat sounds fine. She is in the perfect position ready for birth and is 4/5 engaged, so 1/5 is tucked into my pelvis. My spd has gone!!! By some miracle, I think it's because she has engaged and is stabalising my pelvis. Clever little baby. :) I have no swelling and apparently I am blooming lol.
My midwife thinks that baby will be here before my 39 week appointment with her, wishful thinking I think but sweet of her to motivate me. I have a 38 week appointment and scan with the consultant and my midwife thinks I should take induction at 40 weeks rather than 41 weeks and risk baby being too big for me to push out resulting in a caesarean section. :( She has a point. I went after one lot of gel with Joe at 38 weeks and she says I'm likely to do the same again. We will see what the growth scan says and go from there.

I feel great! My hospital bags are packed and I'm so ready to meet ourt baby. I just pray that all will be ok. :)

No comments: