Wednesday, 16 January 2008

38 week consultant appointment.

:) :) :) :)

Back from consultant. Had a scan, Bella is still on the top end but still in normal ize range bone wise. They estimated she's 7lb 2oz. Mwah. I knew she was smaller than Samuel. I saw the most amazing picture of her face. She has little rosebud lips and the cutest nose with chubby cheeks. She looked gorgeous. I got so excited, by far the best shot I have seen as she looks like she will when she comes out.

Then I saw the consultant. My blood pressure was 126/70...how fab is that for me third trimester!! This pg has been so fabulous!!! My urine was all clear. I'm measuring 41cm and 4/5ths engaged. baby is still in ceph position. :)

The consultant said my bloods are now at 11.2 (dropped from 11.6 despite spatone) so she's put me on ferrous fumerate. She said my level was fine but she wants it to be as good as it can be before labour. We talked through the managed third stage and she said looking at my notes from Sam i have no option but to be on a drip 4 hours post labour. But I'm cool with that it reassures me in many ways. She will not let me go over 41 weeks. So the plan is to see her again at 40 weeks for a stretch and sweep. She is confident I will go on my own before then (not sure how something to do with 2 previous births). If the sweep fails I will have an induction date for a few days later, she won't let me go over 41 weeks. :) But obviously we hope to avoid that.
So all is looking fantastic, for now! Baby is dainty (mwahhhhhhh), minus the chubby cheeks she has obviously inherited off her father. So she may well be 9lb at 40 weeks but that is absolutely perfect!!!!!

I feel so much calmer now!! Even bought a pineapple today for use in a few days when it ripens up.

It does make me wonder why Samuel was so big, little chunker!!!

No comments: