Friday, 4 January 2008

Day of drama. 36+3

I've had a shitty day!!!

Baby has been quiet for the last 24 hours, even a bath this morning didn't wake her up. Then everytime I stood up I got so dizzy. Not even from getting up quickly, it just sort of came from nowhere. I wa like this for a few hours so I called the antenatal clinic. The oncall mw was too far so I was sent to labour ward. I felt like a fraud going to labour ward lol.

Anyway when I got there I was still dizzy etcetc and my bp was /92...which is high considering it was /72 on wed with a small cuff. Even with a larger cuff it was /91. I then got stuck on the monitor. The mw couldn't find the baby at first. I have never been so scared in my life! When she found it I burst into tears and couldn't breathe I was so releived. Then I was embarrassed at crying. What a plank! The mw's are all so lovely there.

So I sat on the monitor for an hour, no movements but we did get hiccups for ages. Mw then did me a cuppa with sugar which was lovely and then some ice cold water. Baby eventually started playing ball and they were then happy with the trace. Also had contractions every 2 mins on my monitor, they were low though rising to just 60 each time. I was having tightenings to correspond with them, mw thinks probably BH. She offered to check my cervix to reassure me but I know its not labour so didn't want to flash my lady bits. But now I know that it's BH which is nice. I never really knew before lol.Doctor offered to do my blood tests that are due...hahahaha no thanks docs can't take blood lol so I'm going as planned on Monday to get them done.

My bp before I left was 86 so they were happy for me to come home....as was I....seen as hospital beds suck big time! The doc (who was all of 22) thinks the dizziness my be postural hypertension. Hmmm nice.....I just hope it settles.

Also had nitrates in my urine so those have been sent off for testing in the lab, I should hear if there's anything wrong.I'm home now.

Maybe I should have stayed in the kids r driving me nuts!!!

Makes me realise how close I am to having Bella now...all seemed so real going to labour ward. even heard a little baby being born and it was so lovely hearing baby crying. I'm in bed resting now. Bliss.

No comments: