Wednesday, 19 December 2007

Reflecting on the days events.

I have been thinking and I have come to a conclusion after a fair whack of research and bouncing ideas off people in the know (thanks fi ;)).

I have huge hips! (trust me big swaying womans hips and a butt to match).

I have delivered big babies before.I am at as much risk as any other woman of shoulder dystocia.

I don't have gestational diabetes.

I am confident that I won't have an 11lber unless I go to 43 weeks, which I won't! I'm not getting induced pre term. If I do I am more at risk of intervention! I will get induced if I go to 41 weeks but chances are that I won't!!!

I have faith. My gran delivered 8 babies vaginally, 2 set of twins on the side of a welsh mountain in a cottage with no electricity and no mw! Good genes. Plus my frame is larger than hers . I'll be fine!!!! I think the consultants are too quick to want to minimise the risk.It could all go tits up and I could end up with a csec but that could happen if I was induced, infact it's far more likely to.

Arrrghhhh It'll be fine.

I feel better now.

No comments: