Friday, 15 February 2008

What a pleb!

Drama last night, I felt like a total pleb! Yesterday Bella forcefully vomitted 2 feeds, (she has never been sick) and felt hot. I called the mw, who said she could do with a night of obs and to call the doc to go back on the ward.
I called nhs direct who wanted us to go to paeds immediately despite me saying her colour is good, she is alert, wanting to feed etc etc. I even said can I try one more feed to see if it stays down. No feeding until we get there I was told. Apparently if we didn't take her in they were sending an ambulance. I said it's a bit OTT but they said they can';t risk it with babies.
So we get the boys out of bed, pack a bag etcetc. Get there, temp is fine, she looks fine and fed fine, no sick. We had to stay for obs but I felt such a fraud. I wanted to hold off going in but nhs direct said they'd send an ambulance if we didn't, can u imagine the HV coming around .
She was weighed, 9lb 1oz so she has gained in her 1st week lol so I can't be doing that bad on boobie milk. Her projectiole sick was probably a combo of wind and gutsing!!! How embarrassing I'm a third timer, I should know these things. I just had a blind panic, she's so little, I was worried she had a bug being sick like that was so out of character.
We all got home at gone 2am, exhausted doesn't even cover it!!

Some pics.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: