Without going into too much detail 6 weeks ago my hubby was called to a shout involving a car on fire and he was sent into close contact with the smoke/fumes. He still hasn't recovered been coughing up blood etcetc.
So today I went with hubby to see the private consultant who is also a senior medical advisor for the fire brigade.He had seen all of chris' hospital bloods chest xrays etc etc. He listened to chris, sat him down and shook his head.He said he's amazed hubby is alive, he's a walking miracle. He said most men who have that kind of exposure, go home and drop dead 6 hours later. I just sat there with my jaw open. Apparently he's had minimal cyanide poisening and acute smoke inhilation and he's amazed Hubby didn't come home that night and drop dead.He has to go back to see him in 4 weeks, if the steoids still haven't had an affect then he will probably have to have the lower section of his left lung removed and will be referred for private treatment in london.He's been signed off for a minimum of 6 months with no strenuous exercise and no exposure to any kind of smoke and if he gets breathing difficulties I am to call an ambulance immediately.I wasn't sure if the doctor was just being a bit dramatic but he seemed very genuine and very shocked. He called the station officer while we were there and said he was suprised chris hadn't lost his life and that someone was obvioulsy looking over him. He also gave the station officer a right bollocking about how he manages his sub officers. I fet very uncomfortable listening to the conversation. He also said that as a medical advisor for the brigade there is no way chris should have been sent to that car without BA gear on and that the sub officer would have known that.There must be holy hell going on at the station now. Hubby may never be able to go out on a run again.......he is devastated but we have to take it week by week, each examination at a time. I am so scared, I went back to the car and just bawled my eyes out. I don't want him doing this anymore........I know he loves it but I love him and I can't lose him....my life would be non existent if he wasn't here.Feeling very confused about what the future holds now work wise..........
Friday, 16 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment